The Lower Crash Bars are the foundation of AltRider’s 3-part Crash Bar system for the Africa Twin. These bars are constructed in the United States from 1.25 inch (31.75 mm) diameter steel tubing with 0.079 inch (2.0 mm) wall thickness. Boasting more than twice the stiffness compared to 1 inch (25.4 mm) tubing, no other crash bar design on the market offers such robust protection for the Africa Twin. This added strength enabled AltRider engineers to design the Lower Crash Bars to take the first hit in a tip-over or low-side crash before any of the bike’s vital components come in contact with the ground. The hand-TIG welded crash bars are CNC mandrel formed around the rear brake lever for excellent ergonomics while still providing powerful protection.
The rear of the Lower Crash Bars mount in-board of the right foot peg by way of the 3/16 inch (4.8 mm) mounting flanges, which will transfer impact energy away from the motor to the lower frame. Up front, 3/16 inch (4.8 mm) thick stainless steel brackets fastens the bars directly to the frame.
AltRider’s Lower Crash Bars are available individually or as part of the Full Crash Bar System, and are offered in a bead-blasted stainless steel finish, or in black or red powder coated finishes. M8 and M10 mounting hardware is included. The Lower Crash Bars are compatible with the factory belly pan and OEM center stand, and can be installed on both DCT and manual transmission models.
Select a configuration at the right for additional information on individual components.
Configuration notes: save when you buy the Upper & Lower Bars Combo, and save even more when you buy the Full System (compared to purchasing each piece separately). If you are ordering only the Upper or Lower and it’s your first piece, you’ll need to order with the installation bracket. If you already have the Upper or Lower and are ordering the other piece, you can order without the bracket.
- Made from hand-TIG welded stainless steel tubing
- 3 piece system allows for customization and offers maximum protection
- Available in black, red, or silver
- DCT filter removable with crash bars in place
- Compatible with both DCT and manual transmission models
- Compatible with the OEM center stand and factory belly pan
- Lower Crash Bars not compatible with optional DCT foot shifter
- Not compatible with Honda Upper Bars
- Lower bars may not be compatible with some aftermarket headers due to their relocation of the oxygen sensor